Saturday, June 11, 2011

Double Inspiration Challenge

Welcome to another Saturday and another challenge from Our Creative Corner! We want to thank everyone who shared their wedding cards with us last week. We always love seeing what you create! Now on to this week's challenge. I'm Lori Rider, your hostess for the next two weeks. I really love inspiration challenges, and we haven't had one here at the OCC in ages so I thought it was about time! Here is the inspiration photo, the cover of a book by Amy Butler:


For this challenge we want you to really look at all the different details in this photo - then choose at least two elements to incorporate into your card, and please tell us what they are in your description. To get you started, here are the cards from our wonderful design team, along with what inspired their creations, in their own words.

Lori Rider - The Diva Stamper


I used the colors of the book cover for my color palette, and I also tried to emulate the flowers on the left side in the image I chose.

Jen Rzasa - Our Change of Art
I was inspired by the strip of floral fabric along the left hand side of the book - I attached my fabric with a zigzag stitch. I also loved the circles pillow that is on the couch in the photo, so I added some to my card!


The colors of the photo were inspiration to me as well as all the circles.

Sarah Gough - THinkING STAMPS
I drew inspiration from all the polka dots and the round, ruffle pillow, creating a focal point from ribbon that mimicked the shape.

Kristin Tierney - LilyBeth Boutique

It's been a while since I had my mojo working, but here is a cute card for a birthday boy. I drew my inspiration from the color palette as well as the polka dots from the pillow. Gotta LOVE Amy Butler!

Linda Coughlin - The Funkie Junkie
That fabulous pleated pillow caught my eye right off and I used the circular stripe type pattern to create my crinoline flower.  The texture of the brick wall inspired me to use an embossing folder on the kraft glassine strip and I picked up the oranges with the stick pin.  

Sharon Wheet - Designs by Sharon



My inspiration came from those wonderful pillows! The round pillow gave me the stripes, while the orange pillow gave me the polka-dots. I loved those kraft pom-pom flowers on the long pillow so much that I had to make my own!

OK, I hope those creations encourage you to get inspired and share your own work with us this week!

We also want to let you all know that we're making a change to the Top Talent awards. Beginning with this challenge we will award the Top Talent prize but we are discontinuing the Talented Trio awards due to time constraints on our DT.  The Top Talent award will be chosen by the challenge hostess for her favorite card that follows the challenge guidelines and links back to the OCC. We will continue to offer a guest designer spot to the Top Talent winner and will announce the winner after the challenge has closed. We hope this will only encourage you to step up your crafting and go for it!



1 comment:

  1. The DT cards are fabulous, thanks for an inspiring challenge.

    Hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx