Saturday, August 25, 2012

Recycle It With A POP Of Green!

Thank you so much to everyone who joined us this past week for the Office Supplies and RED challenge. The entries really did take my breath away - they are all simply gorgeous and we will be having a tough time choosing only one as a winner. Be sure and check back on Wednesday to find out who it is!

This week we have a similar style of challenge but a very different theme. I'm feeling like a bit of a "GREENie" these days so I wanted to host a challenge in support of my inner hippie. I think we are all a little more aware of our environment and the impact we have, so with this in mind I would challenge you all to create a project using something you have recycled. And use the colour GREEN!  I often use packaging in my creations so this was one of the first things which came to my mind, but use your imaginations and give something otherwise headed for the garbage a new lease on life.

Here is the inspiration badge for this week as created by Anne Marie. Thank you so much Anne Marie - your talent is amazing!


Let's kick off our talent parade with a double delight from our guest designer this week, Lynn Put! I just love the card and the gorgeous matching gift tag. These colours are wonderfully warm and rich and remind me of all those beautiful autumn tones for this time of year. Lynn I love what you have done here with the challenge - absolutely stunning. Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us.

Our Guest Designer:

Meihsia Liu - Simply Paper Crafts

Lisa Minckler - You Made Me Ink!
(recycled flatbread packaging and 2011 calendar)

Kim Price - Inkognito
(recycled cardboard box, vintage buttons, vintage doily, Prima packaging, Melissa Francis packaging)

(Page from a Gardening book!)

Paula McClane - ScrapAddict's Attic
(plastic packaging is the top layer of the dragonfly wings)

Christina Barnes - Dot Dot Stamping Designs
(Recycled Tea Leaf Tin, and jeans)

Linda Coughlin - The Funkie Junkie
(upcycled chipboard packaging for the spooky tree and window frame 
and acrylic packaging for the window)

Liliana Inguanti - Stampin' From Home
(acrylic packaging for the flower, page taken from an old book, a flap from a soap box, and schoolpaper for the tag)

Sharon Wheet - Designs by Sharon
(re-purposed coffee filters for the blossom
and cardboard box piece for the butterfly)

Aren't they all breathtaking? I can't quite believe they are created using some of those things destined to be thrown away. Bravo ladies.



5 comments:

  1. Genius challenge and outstanding DT inspiration - wow!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you like the challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun challenge. The cards are looking so great. I have worked at Plastic cards printing and designing company and these cards inspire me so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Genius challenge and outstanding DT inspiration - wow!! Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx