Wednesday, June 11, 2014

And Our Surprise Guest Designer For June Is. . . . . . . .

Hi everyone. Julia here again for the post I have been looking forward to the most this month. It is my absolute pleasure to introduce our Guest Designer for this month: the hugely, hugely, hugely (yes I meant to type that three times!) talented Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries from Holland. I have long admired Alie's creativity and find her work inspirational. She is also a very sweet person too! What I love best about Alie's work is her versatility for so many genres. She is equally at home creating stamped masterpieces or altering old found objects that many people wouldn't know what to do with!
Did I mention that Alie is also a stamp designer too. . . . .?

Prepare yourselves for a treat as you scroll down. This is one fabulous tutorial and finished project from Alie. She has embraced my Flaming June challenge completely and in perfect style - just as I knew she would. 




******************************************************



"At Our Creative Corner we have monthly Guest Designers who are chosen by the Challenge Host of that month. Julia is hosting the challenge in June 2014 and she has requested that I ask if you would like to be our Guest Designer for that month."

That was part of the mail I received from Laura...and wow it was sent to me, a Dutch stamping Grandma :-). Of course I feel honoured and I tried to create something that fits the challenge I got...This picture of the painting and the colour orange:

Flaming June by Frederick Leighton


I immediately had to think of Alcohol Inks... and used them on Stampinback cardstock.


  June - Summer - Hot - Flames...not a Frederick Leighton, not even nearby...but it was a start...


These poppies are stamps from Stampinback.nl...a real June flower, stamped with black Archival ink.

 

And still didn't know where to go to....

I started searching through my stuff and found this flat wooden birdhouse.  And sprayed the yellow, red and orange Dylusions Ink Sprays on it. That looks "hot" :-)


A Stampinback Circle stencil on the sprayed wood and using a wet babywhipe to get a less dull background.


A birdhouse needs birds. In the Netherlands, orange is a Royal colour so these crowned birds deserved to be orange too. I painted them with Amsterdam orange acrylic paint.

And then I had to combine all these mixed media together, to make an orange creation that had to fit the challenge: Flaming June...and part by part....


I glued a flower and a light bulb on top of the roof. Used different wooden parts for the word June. Stamped the black birds (Hero Arts stamp) on the wood with Archival and inked them a bit more with a permanent marker. Behind the hole there still is a little Royal birdie in the nest!!


But a few others already left the nest.

And finally here is my FLAMING JUNE...




Hard to catch the real colour, outside, so a few pictures of the final creation.


I had to cut off the lower part of the Alcohol inked card...the birdhouse wasn't long enough :-).
Four dewdrops in the punched corners.

And once again...but now for the last time...my interpretation of FLAMING JUNE.


 The background is ribbed cardboard from a box. I teared off some parts of the top layer and inked it with brown chalk and a bit of golden Acrylic paint. The yellow net is part of an onion net (no smell at all :-)). I used staples to adhere it to the cardboard. The wooden birdhouse I glued with Tacky Glue.


Thanks a lot Laura, Julia and OCC for this invitation!
It really was fun to create this Flaming June!

Kind regards
Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries:-)




One word: WOW!  Didn't I say how talented this lady is? From beginning to end this tutorial will fill your head with ideas that you can translate to your own work in your own style. The colours are absolutely what I want to see from entrants for this challenge. Alie has used a great variety of mediums and shown how these can all tie together to produce a stunning end result. I love it all but what would I put as my top 3 elements of Alie's charming bird house hanging? The little birds with crowns, the little bird in the nest and that gorgeous 'hot' background with the stamped flowers. Thank you so much Alie for sharing this beautiful piece of art with us all. PS. I don't think of you as a Dutch stamping Grandmother!! : ) 

21 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Alie for all your wonderful inspiration - you are a Dutch Stamping Grandma Star!!!
    Big hugs, Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. As ever Alie never fails to amaze me. I love the royal twist to this wonderful birdhouse plaque with it's intense colouring and beautiful poppies. So glad to see you as a special guest here at Our Creative Corner. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning designer piece. I love the use of the net.

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Julia for your very very very (yeah three times too :-)) kind words!
    And of course thanks for the invitiation...
    It was a pleasure to play with the materials.

    All the best, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fantastic to have Alie here this month... her blog is an endless source of ideas, inspiration and beautiful work. What a fabulous creation here - can't believe how cool the Dylusions look direct onto the wood, and the alcohol ink panel is stunning - wow!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wat super duidelijk en super mooi! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing project Alie and I am so happy you are able to show it here! You have used those flaming colours to perfection! I adore all the different elements and textures you have added to this amazing piece, absolutely stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous project and wonderful tutorial Alie, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUW, Alie, this is so beautyful, wonderful artwork.
    Bye Ballie (Bennarda)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wauw wat mooi en wat een werk heb jij er van gemaakt echt beautyful
    Liefs Rianne

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is utterly gorgeous, Alie!
    LOVE your flaming birdhouse project!
    Thank you for sharing your lovely art with us!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alie - this is brilliant, colorful and out of this world - just like you!!! Congratulations on your guest designer spot, they could not have asked a nicer or more talented artist than you!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!!! This is a stunning piece of art Alie, it's really gorgeous!
    Love the colours and all the things you used.
    Thank you for your great tutorial!
    Yvon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful, love the crowned birdies and your fabulous colour palette.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow je hebt je mooi laten inspireren door de flaming june,
    het is schitterend! Groetjes karin

    ReplyDelete
  16. I adore this project. Pinned to my board:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx