Saturday, November 1, 2014

It's magic

Hi everyone,

Welcome back to a new month here at Our Creative Corner. Kerstin here, hosting a new challenge for you...


In my leisure time I love to be out in nature to discover and explore its fascination. Being a dedicated photographer I am always on the hunt for the perfect motif – especially when there is beautiful lighting throughout the change of the seasons like mist rising from a lake, sparkling ice cones out in the cold, breathtaking sunrises or -downs....But beauty is not only to be found with the "Huge nature moments"- it is also the really small miracles that attract me: a spider's web, water droplets on a leaf, dandelion seeds being blown away by the wind.

I love to capture these special moments in photographs! It was due to this love of mine that I discovered scrapbooking as it combines two passions of mine: nature photography and being creative with and on paper!

So my challenge theme I chose for you of course had to be



It's magic 
 Magical nature moments

 

Photographs can tell amazing stories of specific places or unforgettable moments in nature.
For this challenge use a favourite photograph and add some special colours, moods and effects.

Put these ingredients together in a vintage style and share your creative story with us.  

Especially suitable are classical scrapbook layouts (30 x 30) or canvases in mixed media style but you can also make cards or tags (as long as your project includes a magic nature photograph).


Note: if you don't like scrapbooking or are no photographer, the focal image can also be replaced by a cut out (or transferred) nature photograph from a postcard or magazine for example. 

 
This month we are delighted to confirm that one randomly drawn winner will receive a prize from our generous sponsor Nicecrane Designs.



 

Take a peek at what the fabulous Design Team have made to inspire you this month!

 Kerstin



Because I passionately like to photograph and  always liked to conquer new creative areas, I discovered scrapbooking for me about 1,5 years ago. Being a nature enthusiast I'm always special moods to capture.  So I could connect  art and photography as a reminder of special moments.

 *************************************
    



I took this photo last summer in Denmark, those Cliffs are
magical! I'm not much of a scrapper, but this is what
I made.

 **************************************

Susan


I have a garden of my "own" - Haveselskabets Have - that is an arboretum, and 
I love to walk there and take pictures of the special plants and trees.

 **************************************
 Julia



We recently spent a wonderful holiday in the magical North West Highlands of Scotland. I lived in Scotland as a child and always remembered the beautiful scenery however, I wasn't prepared for just how stunning it really is! I have made a little book with small photos of the area around Loch Ewe where we stayed and I hope they convey the same magical feeling that I felt at the time I took the photos. Doing a layout was so far out of my comfort zone that I couldn't quite get there but I hope you like this mini sized offering!

 **************************************

 Astrid

http://astridsartisticefforts.blogspot.co.at/2014/11/inspired-by-nature.html

I don't often use photographs in my work other than the odd vintage photograph when doing a collage, so this as a big challenge for me! Nothing like a challenge though, and once I had decided to alter a photo frame to hold my photograph, I had great fun doing so!

 **************************************

Claudia






I am no scrapbooker at all, but I will always try to rise up to a challenge when given one, so when Kerstin asked us to do a classical scrapbook lay out, I instantly knew what I wanted to try: working with designer papers (which is something I should do more often as I have plenty ;) and achieving some interesting layers to "embed" the photograph in. I had a great time die cutting and browsing my papers! I admit the layering part was a bit tricky for me, but I definitely enjoyed creating this lay out (which was quite a meditative thing to do)! Thank you, Kerstin, for making me step out of my comfort zone!

**************************************
 
Laura



I was a bit out of my comfort zone here as I don't usually do these kind of layout 
creations - I never know if I have got it 'right'....What is 'right' after all? So I chose 
just to have some fun and you know what?...I really did!


**************************************

 
 WOW!!! 
I am so proud to work with such talented people! 
 

Now go browse your photographs, designer papers and die cuts and escape grey November! 
We would love you to share some of your special moments with us! 
Can't wait to see your projects! 

You could be our winner and join us here at Our Creative Corner in the spotlight to show us something you have made!

You could also be one of our Top 3 or even the lucky Random.org winner who will win a wonderful prize from our Sponsor this month Nicecrane Designs.

Happy crafting!!!

14 comments:

  1. A fantastic idea for the challenge and wonderful DT samples to inspire.

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the theme, and the DT projects are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photographs and lovely layouts...the design team created wonderful pieces of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for these beautiful and inspiring creations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see the DT stretching themselves in such creative and appealing ways. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!!! Fabulous creations!!! Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous theme, Brilliant inspiration! Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow such a great theme and beautiful DT inspirations xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such an interesting and challenging theme! I love these DT contributions - all exquisite! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. If it wasn't for all of this GREAT inspiration, I would not have had any interest in creating for this fantastic CHALLENGE... and it was a challenge... in so many ways... and on all levels... Each piece above is wonderfully created and I love them all... very creative... Thanks for the push and love. Love, Light, and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for all the beautiful inspiration and for the fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx