Thursday, January 22, 2015

It's Magic Top Talent


Welcome back to another Top Talent spotlight at Our Creative Corner!

This month we are shining the spotlight on the winner of the 'It's Magic' Challenge that was hosted back in November by Kerstin!

  Kerstin selected Bonnie as her winner and so we are thrilled to be welcoming Bonnie as this months Top Talent - for the third time!!!
 
Our FIRST GOLD WINNER!!!
 


So Bonnie....we would like to present you with this Gold Badge and we hope that you will display it on your blog with pride.....

"I am so very honored to be in this situation at this time. Having been granted this fantastic honor is something for me to be very proud of as an artist. I love sharing and creating all that I do, and then to be honored by fellow artists that are also creating beautiful pieces of at work is really a highlight in my life. I thank you all very much from the bottom of my heart... You are all very special and your art is amazing so to be honored by you is super".  

We are so pleased to have Bonnie back here in the spotlight for a third time - Today is going to be a slightly different Top Talent Spotlight. Bonnie will share with us some of her favourite creations she has made over the past year.......Over to you Bonnie!




Today I am so happy to be able to share some of the different styles that I love to create in...
I love to use all kinds of different media to create with...  
such as I love to knit, crochet,  
play with clay pieces, 
jewelry in Sterling Silver and also in coppers...   
So the pieces I will be sharing today on this blog are mostly in Paper... 
I do love to sew also... and will share a ongoing project also...

I  LOVE to paint and I love to do mixed medias on a canvas. I love to create a whole new room in my house decorating with these new paintings....such fun. The fun only stops when the mind does...   

I decided to do a few seasonal projects this year... and have really enjoyed making them. I also enjoyed the comments that I have received. These comments are heart felt and very moving...I cherish them... 



This painting brought many such comments... as it is all about our farm... the crows, the garlic, the trees, the leaves, the branches... All things that make it uniquely our farm...  even the butterfly...as the butterfly gardens are really pretty when blooming with all the butterflies working it hard. It is so wonderful to see. We need to help the butterflies and bees......


Did I tell you that I love CROWS...Oh dear me... I forgot.....
Well I do...I have a family nest in our back wooden lot. It is only five acres but there are untouched trees there and it is a perfect place for them. They are so very happy to be there...
I made a few crow tags this year...  Love CROWS... 




I am making a wall quilt and the squares are muslin - 22 x 22 inches... 
Then I take them and create art on them....
This was my first square I made for the quilt and that was three years ago...
I love birds and this one came out so GREAT... 



I also used dies and made stamps, and also the leaves are my own stamps from erasers that I carved.. 
It is so easy... try it!!!
I have about 15 more squares to go and someday it will be quilted and ready to hang. 
I know exactly where it is going too - perfect place...




From time to time we are very in AWE of someones work...I am very in AWE of Astrids work... 



 I love the techniques and the colors that she uses...so I created this CLOCK with Astrid's technique...and it is proudly in our bedroom... 
Thank you Astrid for all the ideas and all the love that goes into each and every one of them...





I teach classes on basket making. 
It is always in September and it is an all day class. It is always a fun filled day. The baskets are made from Kudzu. This is a local 'weed' that is very invasive and is great for making baskets and paper from...  I needed to decorate one and take to a friend, but I loved it so much that I made her another one...she loved it too. This one I needed to keep as I love the little flowers. The larger flowers are made from baby wipes...
I try not to use things that I can't recycle...  I am very environmentally involved too..


 
Well, I already told you I love butterflies.......  This piece is called ODE to the BUTTERFLY...
  
 

We have butterfly gardens and such and we always plant new mild weed around for them to lay their eggs in. We don't cut it until later in the following season, when the new mild weed is up and growing... 





I have made a lot of projects this past year for Frilly and Funkie. When I made this I didn't actually have the die for the ATB....
So I improvised....and this layered box sculpture took me almost 30 hours to create...... What fun I had...each side revealing a different bird scene.. love my birds...


I hope you have enjoyed seeing these projects...
I love sharing with you as much as possible...

Thank you all for your love and cherished moments in LIFE...  

  With much  Love, Light and Peace... 

Bonnie... 


Thanks so much Bonnie for being here today to share with us so many wonderful creations you have made. It is a joy to see them and it is so wonderful to read about what they mean to you....  

If you would like to see more photos and details of these amazing creations and find out how they were made, then please go along to Bonnie's blog and say "Hello" - I am sure she would love to see you there!

***************************



Would you like to see your work here in the 'Our Creative Corner' Spotlight?
You could be here as our 'Top Talent' with the spotlight shining on something you have created! 
All you have to do is enter the Christmas Leftovers challenge. If you are picked as the winner you will be invited to appear here as our Top Talent and have the spotlight shine on something you have made. 
We will also ask you some questions so that we can be nosey find out more about you....

There is also the chance you could be one of our Top 3!
You could even be the lucky winner of a voucher to spend at  
 


There is one more week of the challenge left, so why not have fun creating!

Happy Crafting! 
Laura xxx 







8 comments:

  1. Wow, what an amazing overview of Bonnie's work!! Each and every piece is just exquisite!! Bonnie you are such a well deserving gold badge winner and wonderful to see your work showcased here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of the artwork displayed in this wonderful post! Well done, Bonnie! As Astrid already said: you truly deserve winning the gold badge for sharing all your amazing art with us!

    Hugs,
    Claudia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Bonnie...some amazing creations. You are so talented and this is such a deserving honor.
    Hugs, Rupa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to you Bonnie and lovely to see a collective of your projects. Fantastic creativity.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous and fabulous Bonnie, congrats again and thank you very much for your wonderful inspirations!
    Hugs, Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of your creations have been amazing, and you continue to amaze me. Thank you so much for sharing your talents and inspiring everyone. You truly are a talent Bonnie! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful collection - kudos to Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bonnie your collection of work is totally stunning and shows so much creativity! Each piece is a beauty and shows such passion for your art. So lovely to have you posting with us.
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx